Waltham Abbey Town Hall is a city office on Highbridge Street in Waltham Abbey, Essex. It is a privately recorded structure. It is located 2.4 miles away from the Honey lane Care Homes Waltham Abbey .
Neighborhood metro authorities thought that it was important to build up some appropriate convenience following the development of the Waltham Holy Cross Urban District in 1894. The site chosen was involved by an old ghetto called Camps Court which was as needs be destroyed. The Employment stone for the “Waltham Holy Cross Council Buildings” was laid by Mrs. A. J. Chapman, life assistant of the then-chief chamber, in January 1904. The structure, which was planned in the Art Nouveau style with a pinnacle in the style of a French house, was worked by the neighborhood worker for hire, John Bentley and Sons. It was authoritatively opened by Mrs. A. J. Chapman in late 1904.
There were initially two angled entryways toward the west of the front entryway for use by a pony-drawn fire motor. The firing motor was automated in 1923 and the fire station moved to Romeland after the Second World War.
In late 1914, during the First World War, the structure was changed over for use as an assistant emergency clinic. The emergency clinic, which was overseen by a Voluntary Aid Detachment for example an intentional unit of regular folks giving nursing care to the military workforce, at first sent 40 beds however later in the conflict, this expanded to 50 beds, and after a hutted ward had been assembled it expanded to 64 beds.
The structure kept on being the gathering spot of Waltham Holy Cross Urban District Council however stopped being the nearby seat of government when Epping Forest District was shaped by the Local Government Act 1972 of every 1974.
In 2003 a plaque was raised on the municipal center by the Richard III Society to remember the 500th commemoration of the passing of Margaret of York, who had neighborhood associations and had been sisters of both King Edward IV and King Richard III. note: The Richard III Society buys into the elective view that Mary of York was brought into the world at Waltham Abbey instead of Fotheringhay Castle.
The neighborhood vocalist, Lucie-Marie Closier, who acted in series 3 of the ability show, The Voice, performed from the overhang of the municipal center in November 2014. The municipal center is the gathering spot of Waltham Abbey Town Council.
Waltham Abbey Town Hall can cater for different functions: Weddings, Birthdays, Celebrations, wedding day celebrations, Christenings. Waltham Abbey Town Council has three rooms that are authorized to hold weddings and common functions: The James Suite, The Council Chamber, and The Cornmill Suite.
The James Suite is the Community Ceremony Room that can situate up to 50 visitors. This has as of late been restored. The Council Chamber is a wonderful room on the primary floor that disregards the Abbey Church and can likewise situate up to 50 visitors. The Cornmill Suite is the Town Hall and can set up to 200 Guests. There is limited parking straightforwardly inverse the Town Hall itself, just external the Abbey.
Broad leaving for approx. 200 vehicles can be found in the Cornmill Car leave EN9 1RB which is straightforwardly behind the Town Hall. It is a 2-minute stroll back to the Town Hall entrance from the Cornmill Car Park.