Diet is very important for a better recovery. Numerous nutrients are available in a healthy diet that can give proper strength to your body. In this article, we summarize some important foods that everyone should consider in their diet to stay away from disease
People can explore the internet or consult with a doctor to get to know about depression therapy.
What is the Link between Diet & Depression?
One of the most important factors that enhance the risk factors of depression is the dietary or eating habits of an Individual which demonstrates the number of nutrients they consume a day. A well-published article of 2017 concludes that the people who experience symptoms of mild to severe depression are improved when they start consuming nutritional food for 12 weeks.
In a recent research study, it has been found that harmful symptoms of depression including mood, anxiety effectively improved in almost 30-33% of patients and also help them to get remission.
Best foods you should consider for a depression patient
As we discussed earlier, diet plays an important role in the development of the body and makes it more effective. To know more, check out the following list as it describes the best diets or foods.
- Selenium: It is one of the best foods that is used for reducing the overall risk factors of depression or anxiety. That is why many scientists believed that the consumption of Selenium can improve your mood which is more helpful in managing depression. List of Selenium-enriched foods are:
- Whole grains
- Brazil nuts
- Some seafood
- Organ meats like Liver etc.
- Vitamin D: The overall intake of Vitamin D enriched foods improve symptoms of depression That is why many individuals can obtain Vitamin D from Sun exposure, but more importantly, intake of dietary supplements is important.
Foods that are highly enriched with Vitamin D
- Oily Fish
- Dairy products
- Beef liver
- Omega-3 Fatty acids: It is also an important food that is beneficial in decreasing the side effects of depression disorder. Scientists believed that the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids may decrease the harmful risk of mood disorders along with brain diseases by simply enhancing brain functions & take care of the myelin that prevents our nerve cells. You can get Omega-3 fatty acids from the following highly sourced food:
- Coldwater fish (Salmon)
- Chia seeds and Flaxseed oil
It is also available in various supplements.
- Antioxidants: Most important vitamins such as Vitamins A, C, and E consists of important substances named antioxidants. It removes all the toxic or waste materials of the body. In some cases, if a person’s body can’t be able to have enough free radicals then it may suffer from oxidative stress that can further create several health problems. It can be found in fresh plant-based foods like fruits & berries. A diet that is full of fresh vegetables or fruits and soy can stay away from stress-related symptoms of depression.
- Vitamin B: Vitamins B-12 and B-9 often known as folate can help you to prevent & maintain the nervous system. Due to their effectiveness, they may decrease the risk factors or symptoms of depression and anxiety
You can get Vitamin B-12 from eggs, meat, fish, and milk.